From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: hotplug/coldplug/init-script - net.eth0 is on when I don't want it on
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 00:08:11
1 Remy & Neil,
2 Thanks very much. This looks like exactly what I need.
3
4 With best regards,
5 Mark
6
7 On 9/19/06, Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > Mark Knecht wrote:
9 > > How can I keep net.eth0 off unless I turn it on by hand? I am not
12 > Set the following variable in /etc/conf.d/rc:
13 >
14 > RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.*"
15 >
16 > This will disable hotplugging for all network interfaces. If you only
17 > want to disable hotplugging for net.eth0, use the following:
18 >
19 > RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth0"
20 >
21 > HTH.
22 > -- Remy
25 > Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
26 >
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list