From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for a way to exclude packages from emerge -e
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:20:23
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I will need to perform an "emerge -e world" on a system. However, I
3 > would like to be able to exclude some packages from being rebuild
4 > without uninstalling them. Does portage provide for that?
9 You could mask the version higher than what you have or just mask the
10 specific version it is trying to upgrade to. The former will not
11 upgrade until you remove the mask. The later will remind you the next
12 time there is a version bump. I sort of prefer the later version just
13 in case I forget that I masked something.
14
15 There may be other ways to tho.
16
17 Dale