From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox et al. crash when attaching file in gmail --- dbus?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:40:46
1 On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann <
2 volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > On Montag, 28. Juli 2008, Andrey Falko wrote:
7 > > To eliminate the first factor do: emerge -e world.
8 >
9 > no. Just no.
12 For what it's worth, I started emerge -e system quite some time ago. It
13 stops about 1/2 way through on glib. Apparently this is common. I started
14 it up again as "emerge -e system --skipfirst". How bad of an idea was
15 that? I think about 200 out of about 350 pkgs have been rebuilt.
16
17 I'll halt this and rebuild dbus again. Etc/
23 > > The second
24 > > factor can be eliminated by downgrading to firefox2. If it is a
25 > > firefox3 problem then the bug report would go to firefox developers.
28 It does affect firefox 2 also. All users except root. All gecko browsers,
29 I guess (all firefox, and epiphany---didnt' try galeon).
33 > just re-emerge dbus and/or revdep-rebuilt should be enough. Or that
34 > 'preserved-libs' stuff.
37 I don't qet it about preserved-libs. THerefore I haven't done anything
38 about any of the messages. I don't understand the messages, exactly what
39 would happen? Would I be building the same app with the same old lib or
40 with the new lib? I need to find something in the docs, but haven't seen
41 anything yet.
42
43 Thank you for the advice,
44
45 Alan Davis
53 Alan Davis
54
55 "It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
56 ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man