From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any gotchas with gcc 8.2
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 03:36:52
1 On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 11:46 AM Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > I just did an emerge update after 6 or 7 weeks. I manually excluded
4 > GCC 8.2.0 pending word if there are any problems. How is 8.2.0 working
5 > for people?
8 ~amd64 users have been using it since August 2018, I haven't had any issues
9 but you could search bugzilla to see if there's anything outstanding. FYI,
10 i've been using 8.3 for about a week without issue.
11
12 Keep an eye on which binutils you have eselected. I assume having gcc and
13 binutils around the same vintage is the lowest risk setup.