From: Wol's lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Scanners, sane and driver support question
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:47:52
1 On 12/11/2018 14:34, Mick wrote:
2 > The problem I've had with inkjet is that the ink dries out
3 > unless used daily, the print heads clog up and as others have mentioned
4 > replacing them costs more than the printer.
5
6 Hang on a sec, I was talking about a *LASER*! £350 for the printer,
7 £400+ for a set of cartridges.
8
9 And my last two lasers were "free with 3 sets of toners" so again the
10 toners cost more than the printer :-)
11
12 Okay compatible cartridges are a lot cheaper (I could get a complete set
13 for about £100), but I suspect my next set of cartridges at least will
14 be genuine HP. Provided I use only HP my printer is warrantied for three
15 years, and I suspect that by the time I've used that first set of
16 replacement cartridges, the three years will be up :-)
17
18 (Still, I can't complain, the first laserjet I bought (for a company)
19 cost £3000.) I think if you buy genuine manufacturer cartridges, it's
20 typical for laser toners to cost similar (or more) than the printer, but
21 you do get a lot more pages to a set of toners, than a set of inks.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Wol