From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something weird and I'm confused. BIOS and SATA is empty
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 01:23:50
1 On Nov 7, 2011 8:18 AM, "Pandu Poluan" <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4 > On Nov 7, 2011 8:03 AM, "Adam Carter" <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > All it does it copy the kernel, system map and config to /boot and
7 reset
8 > > > the symlinks to point to the new and previous kernels. You can still
9 keep
10 > > > as many kernels as you want in /boot, but you can always boot the
11 last two
12 > > > without modifying GRUB's config.
13 > >
14 > > Can you please ls -l /boot so i can see what it sets up? I'm still
15 > > doing all that manually...
18 > Likewise. I only get the vmlinuz file when I do make install.
19 >
20 > Rgds,
21
22 Bah, tapped "Send" too quickly. After I do make install, I usually rename
23 vmlinuz to vmlinuz-$(date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"), and I have to add a menu entry
24 for the latest kernel (not edit, so make install apparently didn't add the
25 latest kernel into the grub menu).
26
27 Rgds,