From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU not running on new machine
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 20:04:37
1 On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 07:43:59PM +0200, Branko Grubi?? wrote
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > What comes to my mind is actually describe in here[1]. Possibly
6 > virtualization is disabled in BIOS/Firmware.
9 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/QEMU#BIOS_and_UEFI_firmware
10
11 Thank you very much; that was it. QEMU is now up and running. I had
12 to dig through to almost the end of the BIOS setup to find and click on
13 "Enable Intel virtualization technology".
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications