From: "Maximilian Bräutigam" <m@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome 3: GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE is too small.
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 14:42:13
1 Am 30.11.2011 13:24, schrieb Michael Schreckenbauer:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2011, 10:11:04 schrieb Maximilian Bräutigam:
5 >> My question is, whether it is possible to increase this
6 >> GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE or not and if so, how.
7 >
8 > GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE is limited by your video-card. Afaik, there's no way to
9 > increase it as it's given by the HW.
10 > What does
11 > glxinfo -l | grep MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE
12 > give?
13 >
14 >> Thank you very much in advance for your help.
15 >> Kind regards,
16 >> der Max
17 >
18 > Best,
19 > Michael
23 Thank you very much Michael and Albert,
24
25 since it's a problem of my PC at work I'll try things out next week and
26 give you the values of MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE soon.
27
28 BTW, at home everything is working like a charm where I'm using
29 ati-drivers and a proper xorg.conf. There are just some graphical
30 corruptions when it comes to popups and dialog boxes, the content of
31 which is stretched to the lower left corner which makes reading
32 extremely heavy, but this is worth another thread if I cannot fix it. I
33 mean from top to bottom each line of pixels is moved 1 px to the left
34 and the first one is appended on the right side.
35
36 Kind regards, I'll answer you soon,
37 der Max