From: James Stull <rivitir@×××××.com>
To: gigli@×××××××.se
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] simple firewall
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 01:34:11
1 Have you tried Firewall Builder? You can use Firewall Builder to make all
2 the rules for iptables.
6 On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 8:47 AM, gigli <gigli@×××××××.se> wrote:
7
8 > Peter Humphrey skrev:
9 > > On Sunday 05 April 2009 11:41:55 gigli wrote:
10 > >
11 > >> i will give shorewall a new try and hope i'll make better progress thsi
12 > >> time
13 > >
14 > > My gateway machine has three interfaces and uses shorewall to protect
15 > them.
16 > > If you like I could tar up /etc/shorewall and send it to you. I've had to
17 > > create macros for several services and put them in /usr/share/shorewall,
18 > > but if you run "shorewall try /etc/shorewall" it'll tell you which you
19 > > need. I made them by copying others and changing bits.
20 > >
21 > > The three interfaces are the external network (a DSL modem), the internal
22 > > wired network (an Ethernet switch) and a wireless network (an access
23 > > point).
24 > >
25 > > I don't suppose my setup is the acme of elegance or wit, but it seems to
26 > > work. The rules file is 195 lines long.
27 > >
28 > Hi peter
29 >
30 > I would be happy if you mailed me the tar. I have only one interface and
31 > need to protect my computer while connected through openvpn, i guess
32 > openvpn goes directly through my pfsense box bothways and it would be
33 > nice to stay protected then. Or have i misunderstood that?
34 >
35 > Martin
36 > gigli@×××××××.se