From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LVM for data drives but not the OS
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:24:11
1 Hi,
2
3 Quick question about LVM. I have a 750Gb drive that has miscellaneous
4 stuff on it. Stuff likes videos, music, pictures, ISO files and a few
5 other things. It's not full yet but it is working on it. I have my OS
6 on sda. The large drive is on sdc. If I buy another drive it should be
7 sdd. I think this is possible from what I have read but want to make
8 sure. Could I put sdc and sdd on LVM but the OS remain as it is with
9 LVM not involved at all? Basically, my OS stays just like it is and is
10 not touched my LVM at all but the two larger drives are managed by LVM.
11
12 I want to do it this way because I don't trust LVM enough to put my OS
13 on. Just my personal opinion on LVM.
14
15 If there is a better solution to link two large drives, I'm open to
16 those ideas as well. LVM is all I can think of is why I mention it.
17
18 Thanks.
19
20 Dale