From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] good alternative to Firefox extension "Ghostery"
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 10:04:53
1 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com> [16-02-27 10:24]:
3 >> On 27 February 2016 at 07:14, <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
4 >>> Question is: Are there any other comparable good alternatives,
5 >>> which understand the term "privacy" as it is ?
6 >>>
7 >> I'm not sure I understand the distinction, and I still have both
8 >> installed, but Privacy Badger, created by the EFF, seems to have the
9 >> most important effect that led me to Ghostery, blocking some
10 >> third-party elements. Check it out, it might be what you need.
11 >>
12 >> Arve
13 >>
14 > Hi Arve,
15 >
16 > thanks for your posting ! :)
17 >
18 > I already tried that, but as it seems (to me) Privacy Badger
19 > does oneself decide whether to block and item or not.
20 > I have that one installed and was astonished how passive it
21 > was....
22 >
23 > Or simply am I doing something wrong ?
24 >
25 > Best regards,
26 > Meino
32 I found this:
33
34 https://www.eff.org/document/privacy-badger-block-web-trackers
35
36 When you install, I think a tutorial pops up. Maybe I went to add ons
37 and clicked it there. Anyway, it has a page and it has like a little
38 slide show. It shows how to adjust settings and such and talks about
39 how it works. At first, it doesn't do much but it learns as you browse
40 the internet. However, you can override and tell it to block everything
41 or nothing at all according to the tutorial. If you have it installed,
42 try this:
43
44 resource://jid1-mnnxcxisbpnsxq-at-jetpack/data/firstRun.html#1
45
46 That's what is in my URL when I am on that tutorial. It may or may not
47 work for you tho. I just installed and read up on it myself.
48
49 Dale
50