From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skype does not start again (in user mode)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 07:18:51
1 ср, 30 янв. 2019 г. в 23:57, Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>:
2 >
3 > On 2019.01.30 16:11, gevisz wrote:
4 > > Just yesterday I have installed skypeforlinux
5 > > on my Gentoo box and found out that it does
6 > > not start from user command line but does
7 > > start from super user and moreover works
8 > > quite well with that power.
9 > >
10 > > Does anybody have some idea how to make
11 > > skypeforlinux to start from usual user command
12 > > line beyond the general
13 > > "something-wrong-with-permissions" wisdom?
14 > >
15 > > P.S. The user is in the video group.
16 >
17 > It works fine for me, no special permissions that I'm aware of. Any
18 > error messages if you launch from command line? Anything of interest
19 > in ~/.config/skypeforlinux/logs ?
22 Thank you for your reply.
23
24 I have just tried to start skypeforlinux in user mode now:
25 no error messages and ~/.config/skypeforlinux/logs contains
26 only the follows line:
27 Server response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
28
29 It seems that skypeforlinux have started but does not
30 appear on the screen (I am using Awesome WM).
31
32 However it starts and works ok with su permissions.