From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openoffice being replaced?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:51:33
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I noticed this today:
5 >>
6 >> The following mask changes are necessary to proceed:
7 >> #required by @selected, required by @world (argument)
8 >> # /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
9 >> # Tomáš Chvátal<scarabeus@g.o> (27 Jul 2011)
10 >> # Old replaced packages. Will be removed in 30 days.
11 >> # app-office/openoffice -> app-office/libreoffice
12 >> # app-office/openoffice-bin -> app-office/libreoffice-bin
13 >> # app-text/wpd2sxw -> app-text/wpd2odt
14 >>
15 >>> =app-office/openoffice-3.2.1-r1
16 >>>
17 >>
18 >> Does this mean that libreoffice is going to replace OOo in the tree?
19 >>
20 > Looks like it. It has already replaced it on all my computers.
21 >
22 > Gentoo's OpenOffice has included the go-oo patches for a long time
23 > anyway, which were the big thing changed about LibreOffice (those
24 > patches included in mainline), and using the two I can honestly say
25 > there's really no difference as far as I can tell, aside from the
26 > splash screen. Somebody posted about some Sun templates a while
27 > back... maybe something proprietary like that is changed, but
28 > OpenTemplate.org is meant to replace those anyway.
29 >
30 > I would say switch to LibreOffice and don't look back. :)
34 OK. I just wanted to make sure I was reading that right. I guess
35 Openoffice is a thing of the past now.
36
37 Question, is libreoffice available on winders too? I need to put that
38 on my bro's rig to if it is. My bro still uses winders. I been waiting
39 on him to get up some cash to build a new rig with Gentoo on it. ;-)
40
41 Dale
42