From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Experiences with ATI Radeon HD 4250 video card?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:14:21
1 2010/12/21 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > On 12/21/10 09:02:32, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
3 >> If you plan to
4 >> use proprietary drivers then I'd use some other brand.
5 >
6 > Why?
7 >
8 > I have several machines with an onboard Radeon HD 3300 chip.
9 > The recent versions of x11-drivers/ati-drivers (currently 10.11)
10 > run just fine with the lastest kernel (2.6.36) and the latest
11 > xorg-server (1.9.2.902)
12
13 If you have been an fglrx user for a long time you should know that's
14 not the usual case (unless things have changed drastically in the last
15 few months).
16
17 This driver **usually** doesn't work with latest X and/or kernel.
18 Punctually, it might, but usually you have to keep your system
19 downgraded intentionally to keep these drivers working.
20
21 I am not advertising any other brand here (and I have mentioned no
22 brand name). Merely describing my experience with fglrx, for several
23 years and until a few months ago.
26 Jesús Guerrero Botella