From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:28:42
1 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> [12-02-18 18:20]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de writes:
3 >
4 > > Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> [12-02-18 17:36]:
5 > > > meino.cramer@×××.de writes:
6 >
7 > > > > try (as root)
8 > > > >
9 > > > > fuser /dev/dsp
10 > > > >
11 > > > > to figure out, which task helds that device...
12 > > >
13 > > > I get no output at all.
14 >
15 > > ?Hu?
16 > >
17 > > The access rights to that device are ok...?
18 >
19 > Yes, read-write access for all in the audio group:
20 >
21 > wonko@weird ~ $ ls -l /dev/dsp
22 > crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 14, 3 Feb 18 07:23 /dev/dsp
23 >
24 > And otherwise I would expect a permission denied error.
25 >
26 > Maybe it works when I log out of KDE and have a minimal environment, but
27 > I cannot do this now, too much important stuff is running at the moment.
28 >
29 > Wonko
32 I didnt know the origin of the error message "resource busy"...so if
33 it had come out of the application...even an error message can e wrong
34 ;)
35
36 May be it would help to unload the sound related modules from the
37 kernel and modprobe -a them again?
38
39 Should have the same effect as the reboot without a global hickup of
40 the whole system...
41
42 just a shot in the dark...
43