From: YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 started by udev-postmount
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:41:33
1 On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 05:27:53PM +0200, Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I removed my net.eth0 service from default/boot level:
5 >
6 > amparo ~ # rc-update show|grep eth0
7 > amparo ~ #
8 >
9 > but now, udev-postmount tries to start it.
10 > I don't want it cause I don't plug any wire to my laptop, and udev hang
11 > my start for a minute...
12 >
13 > how may I disable udev from starting net.eth0?
14 > I remember in the past I had something that checked is the wire was
15 > pluged, and if so, it started my network... anyone could help me to
16 > remember that program?
17 >
18 > TIA,
19 > Arnau
20
21 look at the rc_hotplug option in /etc/rc.conf
22 something like rc_hotplug="!net.eth0" should work for you...
23
24 the other option is, if you emerge ifplugd, the net.eth0 service will
25 use ifplugd to see if there is a cable connected... it will start but
26 will not set up the interface until you plug in a cable...
27
28 yoyo