From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xscreensaver 3D modules don't work
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 07:09:55
1 Since I set up the system in my new machine in Oct 2015 ,
2 the 3D modules in Xscreensaver (now 5.34) have refused to run ;
3 the rest of Xscreensaver is working as advertised.
4
5 I did drop Perl support, but that seems to be related to I/net use
6 & shows no sign of relating to 3D rendering.
7
8 I have the 'opengl' flag enabled, have 'eselect-opengl' set to Nvidia
9 & have 'qtopengl-4.8.6-r1' installed (also the virtual),
10 tho' that is needed for Kdelibs with no sign of screensaving.
11
12 Has anyone else run into this problem ? Does anyone have any advice ?
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca