From: czernitko <czernitko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to cross compile Perl for ARM?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:17:42
1 Hello!
2 I started playing a little bit with cross compilation for ARM architecture.
3 Using crossdev I created a toolchain for arm-none-linux-gnueabi tuple.
4 Now I'd like to emerge some more packages, but perl constantly refuses to
5 emerge and it is needed by many packages.
6 For example when running
7
8 # arm-none-linux-gnueabi-emerge -av1 perl
9
10 [ebuild N ] dev-lang/perl-5.12.4-r1 to /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/
11 USE="berkdb gdbm -build -debug -doc -ithreads" 0 kB
12 [ebuild N ] app-admin/perl-cleaner-2.10 to /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/
13 0 kB
14
15 it fails right in configure phase.
16 Relevant logs are attached, except for configure log which I couldn't find.
17
18 When I've read through
19 /usr/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/tmp/portage/dev-lang/perl-5.12.4-r1/work/perl-5.12.4/Cross/README
20 which is aimed to give more instructions for cross compiling,
21 I've found out that I should run "make patch && make" from Cross directory.
22 Unfortunately, I've got no clue how to combine that with the whole emerge
23 process? I know I could compile it by hand, but then portage would not know
24 that perl is already installed and it would try to install it anyway...
25
26 Any help would be highly appreciated!
27 Peter

build.log text/plain
environment application/octet-stream