From: staticsafe <me@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting the clock with ntp
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 01:30:42
1 On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 06:21:32PM -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > What is the gentoo equivalent to this ubuntu command:
5 >
6 > apt-get install ntpdate && ntpdate pool.ntp.org
7 >
8 > The first command installs ntpdate, a program that uses ntp to
9 > immediately set the clock, even if it is going to be a large
10 > adjustment. The second comment tells ntpdate to sync the clock.
11 >
12 > Thank you,
13 >
14 > Chris
17 emerge ntp && ntpdate pool.ntp.org
18 --
19 staticsafe
20 O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
21 Please don't top post - http://goo.gl/YrmAb
22 Don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.