From: "email@×××××××××××××××××.com" <email@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo livedvd kernel
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:19:56
1 The livedvd kernel sources are in /etc/kernels which is where genkernel puts them.
2
3 Likewhoa
4
5 ----- Reply message -----
6 From: "James" <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
7 To: <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
8 Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo livedvd kernel
9 Date: Wed, Nov 12, 2014 12:02 pm
12 Hello,
13
14 I want to take a closer look at the (amd64) kernel that is
15 used on the latest gentoo livedvd. The easiest way
16 is to copy the kernel, /usr/src/.config and the /usr/src/System.map
17 files to the dev box for closer examination.
18
19 Where do I find these? On the livedvd itself or ????
20
21 If all I can do is copy the actual kernel off the livedvd,
22 I can use makeoldconfig to recover the .config settings
23 to the next (minor) version of the same kernel version?
24
25 Ideas?
28 curiously,
29 James