From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flag question (not total newbie)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 04:12:24
1 On November 29, 2016 2:34:39 AM GMT+01:00, Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >What does it mean when a USE flag name ends with '%' ?
3 >
4 >After my last --sync, emerge --qvp -u says (among a heap of other
5 >output):
6 >
7 >[ebuild R ] dev-db/sqlitebrowser-3.8.0 USE="-qt5 {-test} (-qt4%*)"
10 >Does this mean the package will be rebuilt without any qt support at
11 >all? Why?
12 >
13 >I have this in /etc/portage/package.use/s/sqlitebrowser :
14 >
15 >dev-db/sqlitebrowser qt4
16
17 Most packages are slowly being migrated to qt5. If you want to rebuild with qt support, change the USE flag from qt4 to qt5.
20 Joost
21 --
22 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.