From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: banshee installation without systemd
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 01:48:02
1 On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM, eroen <eroen@××××××××××××.eu> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:02:01 +0100, Fox <halfsocialfox@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >> after reading the thread about systemd somebody mentioned
5 >> sys-fs/eudev. I decided used because I had systemd only to used udev
6 >> and unmerge systemd.
7 >>
8 >> Now I can't use Banshee which I use as my music player because of the
9 >> next dependency tree:
10 >>
11 >> banshee
12 >> <- gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon
13 >> <- sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
14 >> <- sys-apps/systemd
15 >>
16 >> and systemd can't be used because it conflicts with eudev.
17 >>
18 >> Is there anyway to avoid emerge systemd in this case?
19 >>
20 >> Thank you,
21 >> Quim
24 > On a system running ~amd64 with eudev/openrc:
25 >
26 > eroen@falcon ~ $ emerge -pv media-sound/banshee =gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-2.32.1-r2
27 >
28 [ snip emerge output ]
29 >
30 > For ease of upgrades, you might want to add
31 > >=gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3
32 > in /etc/portage/package.mask rather than specifying it with a specific
33 > version on the command line.
34
35 That solution is a dead end. GNOME 2 is being removed from the tree[1].
36
37 Regards.
38
39 [1] http://blogs.gentoo.org/eva/2014/02/16/the-future-of-gnome-2/