From: Mark M <makalsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In need of script/command that will parse out all the packages from "emerge -avu world"
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:18:38
1 On 11/20/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 11/20/06, Mark M <makalsky@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Hi there,
5 > > I think this topic might help you:
6 > > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-497125-highlight-updateworld.html
7 > >
8 > > when you run it with --prepare option it produces a nice emergelist file
9 > > under .updateworld folder which you can easily edit, and when you run it
10 > > with --install option it will autoskip and resume failed packages and as
11 > a
12 > > bonus will provide you with the list of failed packages also.
15 > This script doesn't use the --oneshot option when merging, so it will
16 > add all updating packages to your world file. I hope you haven't used
17 > this... :-(
18 >
19 > -Richard
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
22 >
23 > I've edited it a little for my needs (including --oneshot) but basically
24 its a generally good script for starters.