From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel-5.4.69
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 02:13:19
1 Jude DaShiell wrote:
2 > I got 5.4.66 sources installed and then did:
3 > emerge --unmerge espeakup espeak portaudio
4 > emerge espeakup espeak portaudio
5 > One of the messages stated config_speakup and config_speakup-synth_soft
6 > options are not configured in this kernel and those would have to be set
7 > correctly to avoid unexpected behavior.
8 >
9 > At this point I'm curious what file is used to store these options since
10 > it may be necessary to edit that file directly with nano and dump this
11 > menuconfig.
14 When configuring your kernel, you have to enable Staging first, under
15 Device Drivers and closer to the bottom than the top.  Once you enable
16 that, then you can find and enable the speakup parts.  If you don't have
17 Staging enabled, the speakup parts are hidden.  There are also options
18 in the Staging sub-menu that you may need as well.
19
20 Hope that helps.
21
22 Dale