From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound. Please, help!
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 14:20:49
1 gevisz wrote:
2 >
3 > No sound at least in Firefox. Tried it on youtube. Skype is currently
4 > uninstalled. So, I cannot check using it.
9 Just a thought.  Are you sure that everything is unmuted?  Years ago,
10 all the sound control software, Kmix, alsa and others, default to mute.
11 If just one of them is muted, no sound.  I seem to recall when I did my
12 install on this rig that I had to unmute the sound in three places,
13 Kmix, alsa and one other that I can't recall the name of.  I think I had
14 to turn up the volume on alsa as it was set to a really low level once
15 it was unmuted.  Usually, I turn all of them to the max except the one I
16 mainly use.  In my case, Kmix is the one I use to really control things
17 since it sits on the panel thingy.  The others are set at the max.
18
19 It's a silly thing but thought it worth a mention just in case there is
20 a muted setting somewhere.
21
22 Dale
23