From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] recomendations for web stats in php
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:59:09
1 glumtail wrote:
2 > Hi:
3 >
4 > Why not write a GLOBAL script for collecting some usefull information?
5 > And then just be included in every pages, store records in a
6 > particular file.
9 Because the first time you get any spike in traffic your performance
10 goes to hell especially if done through a db with a remote call.
11
12 I had to have just such a talk with a site recently after they ended up
13 on Howard Stern. It nearly took down the web servers before we figured
14 out what was causing the performance issues.
15
16 kashani
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list