From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bon Echo (why?)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:29:18
1 On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:27:17 +0000 (UTC)
2 Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 2007-02-25, Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > On Sunday 25 February 2007 12:55 pm, Dan Farrell wrote:
6 > >> but 'IceWeasel' is ugly.  Bon Echo is such a nice name.
7 > >
8 > > I'd prefer firefox_alt or something similar. Something that tells
9 > > me what it is....
10 >
11 > Um, if you're not allowed to use the trademarked name
12 > "firefox", then calling it "firefox_alt" is also going to be a
13 > trademark violation.
14 >
15 This reminds me of when it was called "FireBird", and then they had to
16 change the name becuase of trademark violations or something of the
17 sort. I laughed at the time, thinking how this little fledgling
18 browser was irritating the supergiants. Now it's firefox that won't
19 'share' it's name, even with what is obstensiably the same thing. It's
20 amusing. And wasn't there even another , pre'Firefox' name for the
21 browser?
22 I like the idea of calling it a blatant (but legal) ripoff, like
23 'FlameVixen' or something.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list