From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easiest way to block domains?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 07:00:34
1 > On 29 Aug 2017, at 06:38, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > … But there are a few web pages that throw the kitchen sink of
4 > 3rd-pary adservers+trackers. 178 unique servers for one web page will
5 > peg the load from the web browser to 150% of 1 cpu core. On a 2-core
6 > machine, that is bad. The browser is unresponsive for a few seconds at
7 > a time.
8
9 I use Ghostery on my Mac - I couldn't use the web without it now.
10
11 They have versions for Firefox and Opera - it might not be as full-featured as you'd like, but it's very easy to install and use, so might be worth a try.
12
13 Stroller.