From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] protect older kernels from depclean?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:45:44
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Is there a Gentoo way of protecting older kernels from being removed
3 > by emerge --depclean? Maybe a config file somewhere that tells it not
4 > to bother with certain things?
5 >
6 > A simple way is to put each kernel I want to protect in the world
7 > file, and I've done that, but it would be nice if there was a way to
8 > protect the whole group of kernels until I get around to cleaning them
9 > out by hand.
10 >
11 > Thanks,
12 > Mark
18 Just do a emerge of the specific version or you can add it to world
19 manually. The key part is to have the specific version you want to keep.
20
21 Dale
22