From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LO 4.0 playing media with gstreamer-1.0.5 ?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 23:38:19
1 On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:51:08 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday 20 Feb 2013 22:30:05 v_2e@×××.net wrote:
5 > > Hello!
6 > > . . .
7 > > I have no problems inserting (and playing) media files into
8 > > LO-3.6.4.3 Impress, and I do not have Java installed. LO-3.6 plays
9 > > nicely with media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg-0.10.13-r2, so I wonder
10 > > why LO-4.0 does not.
11 >
12 > Ah! Was missing that plugin - this explains it.
13 >
14 Yes, but having the media-plugins/gst-plugins-libav-1.0.5 plugin for
15 gstreamer-1.0.5 does not solve the problem for LibreOffice-4.0. It
16 cannot recognize any multimedia files I try to open, although it
17 supposed to work with gstreamer-1.x series as they claim.
18 Oh, and by the way, I asked my friend who uses LO on a Windows
19 machine and he told me that inserting multimedia files into LO-4
20 documents works just fine for him. So it really seems like a
21 Gentoo-related problem (or maybe even more generally --
22 GNU/Linux-related problem). Isn't it connected to the recent switch
23 from FFMpeg to Libav on Gentoo, by the way?
24
25 Vladimir
26
27 -----