From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] media-libs/babl-0.1.96-r1 compile dies during emerge @world
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 23:14:43
1 On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 08:49:12AM +0000, Michael wrote
2 >
3 > I don't know about the UTF8 error and if it is related to your failure, but
4 > since it complains about the vala compiler, it may be worth rebuilding it
5 > first?
6 >
7 > emerge -1aDv dev-lang/vala
8
9 It still dies on the media-libs/babl-0.1.96-r1 build. The only change
10 is that launching "emerge --changed-use --deep --update @world" says 11
11 items to build, rather than 10.
14 I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
15 frames, the first Browser Wars. Searching for pages with AltaVista,
16 pop-up windows self-replicating, trying to uninstall RealPlayer. All
17 those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain... time to die.