From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Still questions concerning a reasonable setup of a new system: UEFI &&/|| MTBR
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 08:50:00
1 On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 07:19:56 +0100, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > From what I read on the internet:
4 > Everything bigger than 2TB needs to be GPT-formatted.
5 > Is there anything better than gparted for that job?
6 >
7 > So I need to format the harddisc with a GPT.
8 >
9 > The SSD:
10 >
11 > 1.) From the pure technical point of view: Is it possible to
12 > format the SSD with a good ole MTB and boot the system
13 > from it and mount the hardisc (GPT) as usual?
14 > 2.) Is this reasonable?
15
16 Why would you want to use the archaic MS-DOS partition table with all its
17 restrictions and fragility when you have the more flexible and robust GPT
18 option.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Y'know how s'm people treat th'r body like a TEMPLE?
25 Well, I treat mine like 'n AMUSEMENT PARK... S'great...