From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with hi-res display and nouveau driver on *one* system
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 02:03:14
1 On Mon, May 12 2014, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 7:20 PM, <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
4 > [...]
5 >> I did
6 >> emerge --changed-use --update --keep-going world
7 >> and
8 >> emerge --depclean --ask --ignore-default-opts
9 >>
10 >> The problem remains (after a reboot).
11 >> Specifically, gdm/gnome-shell puts up the screensaver giving the time in
12 >> big characters and I can't get rid of it using the mouse or keyboard.
13 >> I also tried
14 >> /etc/init.d/gdm restart
15 >> with no improvement.
16 >
17 > If you are on systemd, that does nothing. You want systemctl restart
18 > gdm.service.
19
20 This (old) system is still openRC/grub1. When I get the present problem
21 solved, I will be going to grub2/systemd.
22 allan