From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re-emerge missing files
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:14:15
1 On Monday 26 June 2006 05:16, Dave Oxley wrote:
2 > I left an emerge of Qt running at the weekend which downgraded my Xorg
3 > from 7.0 to 6.8 (I was missing virtual/x11 ~amd64 in package.keywords).
4 > When I came back to the machine I unmerged Xorg which deleted a load of
5 > libraries that were installed with 7.0, but the system thinks they are
6 > still installed. I need a mechanism to do a sanity check on the ebuilds
7 > installed and the actual files, so that I can re-emerge ebuilds whose
8 > files have been deleted. Is there anything that does this?
9
10 *If* revdep-rebuild does not help you, you might want to have a look at [1].
11 revdep-rebuild and equery is in app-portage/gentoolkit.
12
13 [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.amd64/7313/match=really+need+help
16 Bo Andresen