From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Speaker chat. Was Video card, splitter and issues.
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 12:11:56
1 On Sunday, 23 June 2019 12:00:08 BST Dale wrote:
2 > I've read where people try that but they say in most cases, the sound is
3 > out of sync. Usually the sound is a little ahead of the video.
4
5 This is mostly affecting poorly transcoded videos, with incorrect timestamps.
6 There's a 'lip-sync' setting in many AVRs and Smart TVs to address this
7 problem, but yes, if the video itself is missing the required metadata to sync
8 audio and video you could have problems.
9
10 TBH I have rarely encountered this myself with my local set up.
13 Regards,
14 Mick