From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody got OS/2 working under linux?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:04:46
1 Hello,
2
3 On Saturday 11 November 2006 01:26, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
4 > On Thursday 09 November 2006 21:25, Alan wrote:
5 > > I'm not sure.... I tried to install OS/2 under VMWare a while back and
6 > > at the time VMWare didn't support OS/2 (something about the memory
7 > > management or something). Not sure if this has changed in the 5.x
8 > > series or not, but it's something to check.
9 >
10 > No, VMWare does not support OS/2 (a beta version did, but they stopped the
11 > development long ago). However, Parallels does, and it's a lot less
12 > expensive. I have eComStation working in a Parallels VM here.
13
14 I made a test install on a VMware Server installation (Host: AMD64 + Gentoo
15 2006.1). I created a VM (OS type other). Then i exit the console, changed in
16 the *.vmx file the key "guestOS" to guestOS="os2experimental" and start the
17 installation of OS/2 Warp 4 (german) from CD. Somewhere in between i got two
18 SYS... messages. After a reboot the install completes and seems to be ok now.
19
20 Hope that helps.
21
22 regards