From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB permission/owner - change not allowed as root
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 03:41:24
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > After recent upgrade when I mount my USB and try as root:
3 >
4 > chown joseph:users /media/stick/Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt chown:
5 > changing ownership of ‘/media/stick/Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt’:
6 > Operation not permitted
7 >
8 > file ownership is:
9 > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5796864 Mar 6 2013 Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt
12 Is it mounted Read Only? It's the only thing I can think of. I'm not
13 sure if that would keep it from changing it if it is either.
14
15 Dale
16
20 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!