From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Lost tabs links in Firefox
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 05:12:40
1 On Tue, 01 Sep 2015 17:09:01 -0500 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Gevisz wrote:
4 > > On Tue, 01 Sep 2015 13:06:29 -0500 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > >> Either that, or backup your .mozilla directory before
8 > >> starting Firefox after a update, just in case.
9 > > Will do it in the future.
10 > >
11 > > F***ing Firefox!
15 > Actually, I think it is some of the plug-ins/add-ons that cause the
16 > problem. I think Firefox has some changes and the plug-ins/add-ons need
17 > updating before being used. I have had times where Firefox even
18 > disabled some stuff because it was known not to work correctly. So,
19 > Firefox generally survives.
20
21 I have only two add-ons enabled: FlashGot 1.5.6.12.1-signed and Greasemonkey 3.3,
22 but FF have not complained about them, just silently opened with all tabs empty.
23 And it was not just after its update: this happened on August 31 in the evening
24 and I did updated FF to version 38.2.0 on August 28. I definitely used FF on August 30
25 and in the morning of August 31 without the issue.
26
27 > Using a stable version gives the person doing those extras a chance to catch up.
28
29 I am using only stable version of FF.
30
31 > I might add, going back to a stable version usually returns things to
32 > normal but one can never be to careful.
33 >
34 > Dale
35 >
37 >