From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Lilo & ReiserFS on 64 bits
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 05:43:05
1 On Tuesday 02 October 2007, Neil Walker wrote:
2 > Francesco Talamona wrote:
3 > > IIRC you have to use special mount option to use ReiserFS for /boot
4 > > partition.
5 >
6 > Using reiserfs on a /boot partition is just plain silly. ;)
7 > Furthermore, in this day and age, why would you even want a /boot
8 > partition? FWIW, using reiserfs on my 64bit systems (Opteron,
9 > Athlon64, Pentium D, Athlon X2, Core2 Duo) works fine without any
10 > issues or hoops to jump through with /boot on the / partition.
13 Note: I'm not advertising ReiserFS for /boot :-)
14
15 I think that any choice is good, given that you know what are doing; see
16 the other thread (Backups), where is shown as xfs can be a good choice
17 for /boot.
18
19 That said I always used ext2 for /boot (or not kept it on a separate
20 partition).
21
22 Ciao
23 Francesco
26 Linux Version 2.6.22-gentoo-r8, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Fri Sep 28 19:41:21
28 One 2.2GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 4408.87 Bogomips Total
29 aemaeth
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list