From: Paul Waring <paul@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qmail spamming
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:46:12
1 On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 09:32:41AM +0530, Gentoo Voyager wrote:
2 > I'm using qmail with qmail-scanner. but i'm getting lots of mails from
3 > drug sites(drug advertiesment) to my users mail boxes. i have
4 > installed the spammassin. but still I'm getting such spam mail. please
5 > help me how I'm stop this spam mails.
6
7 SpamAssassin won't 'stop' spam, that's not its job. All SA does is to
8 analyse incoming email (assuming of course that you've set things up
9 correctly so that incoming mail is passed through SA at some point - I'm
10 afraid I don't know how to do this with qmail as I'm a postfix man
11 myself) and sets some headers to say whether it thinks the mail is spam
12 or not. Unless you do something with those headers, you won't see a
13 reduction in spam. Personally, I'd suggest processing mail through
14 procmail after SA and adding a rule to delete (or put in a separate
15 folder) anything which SA marks as spam. There are hundreds of tutorials
16 on this - Googling for 'qmail spamassassin procmail' should get you
17 started.
18
19 Paul
20 --