From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: some spectre v1 code in 4.15.2
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 03:13:36
1 On 2018-02-14 00:27, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > It's not so much that we've produced a generation of bad coders who
4 > > don't know better, the problem is no one cares about anything other
5 > > than $$$ in america any more.
6 >
7 > What do you mean, "any more"? Wasn't it ever thus?
8
9 When I arrived in USistan, there were still pockets of civilization here
10 and there. My university was a true place of learning, for one thing.
11 Now that has changed, too. So "no one any more" is an approximation but
12 close to the truth, while you'd just be wrong in principle if you cut
13 "any more".
14
15 All that regardless of our differing opinions on Linux and Spectre :-P
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
21 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for the domain.