From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is GWN dead?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:56:41
1 On Friday 11 January 2008, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Qian Qiao wrote:
4 > > I'm sorry this goes OT Dale, but unfortunately, my mail client
5 > > cannot render html messages properly, and I trust a lot of people on
6 > > the list have the same problem. If would be nice if you can post in
7 > > plain text, at least in this list.
8 > >
9 > > Thanks
10 >
11 > I have it set to send it text for this domain. Is it not sending in
12 > plain text? I have the same settings for other mailing lists as well.
13 >
14 > Thanks for pointing it out if it is not sending plain text tho.
15
16 It seems you're sending a multipart/alternative, which means that the
17 message contains both the plain text and the html (in separate sections
18 of course), and it's up to the MUA of the receiver to choose which to
19 display. At least that's what I'm seeing here.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list