From: Jeff Cranmer <jeff@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to get raid
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 02:58:52
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have recently built a new system, running Gentoo on a Sabertooth 990FX
4 motherboard. The board has a raid controller on which I'm running a
5 120GB solid state drive for the OS (Raid 0) and a set of three 1.5TB
6 drives which were previously running as a RAID5 array.
7
8 I can see the sda 120GB drive and have installed the operating system on
9 that. I can't see one device for the three disk RAID5 array, even
10 though the RAID BIOS reports it as a healthy 3TB disk. Instead I see
11 three separate devices, sdb, sdc and sdd
12
13 What do I need to do to mount the 3TB RAID disk? I'm running genkernel,
14 and compiled it with genkernel --dmraid all. It should already have
15 data on it, if I can only get gentoo to recognise it.
16
17 I can see the RAID controller when I use lspci
18
19 00:11.0 RAID bus controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0,SB8x0,SB9x0 SATA
20 Controller [RAID5 mode] (rev 40)
21
22 One possible clue may be in dmesg, where I get the error
23 device-mapper: table: 253:0: raid45: unknown target type
24
25 Any assistance gratefully received.
26
27 Thanks