From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] samba as AD DC on gentoo
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 06:04:41
1 On January 4, 2017 10:48:12 PM GMT+01:00, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 >Do people here run samba-4.x AD DCs on gentoo?
4 >
5 >If yes, pls let me know of any traps or so.
6 >Yes, I read the wiki ;-)
7 >
8 >I currently prepare the migration of an old NT4-based domain (on a
9 >samba-PDC, gentoo) to AD (other physical box, gentoo as well).
10 >
11 >Did something similar last week (but with debian involved) and learned
12 >a
13 >whole lot.
14 >
15 >As there is no step back as soon as the Windows clients talked to the
16 >AD-DC I prefer to know as much as I can in advance.
17 >
18 >Thanks, regards, Stefan
19
20 I am still using using samba3 for my NAS.
21 Samba4 has been planned for a while, but with it wanting it's own LDAP and tree layout, I have a few more things to organise.
22
23 Other projects keep getting a higher priority.
26 Joost
27 --
28 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.