From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] P.S.Re: [gentoo-user] Brutal force attack
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:37:01
1 Pe data de Marţi 07 Decembrie 2004 22:06, Luigi Pinna a scris:
2 > Thanks a lot!
3 > I have almost my firewall configed!
4 > Now I have some question about the default policy:
5 > I cannot check or change the default policy (is it deny or drop?) and
6 > I'm not sure about what happen when I estabilish a connection (I want
7 > to use a rule that allows all connections starting from my computer.
8 > Can you explain me that?
9 > Thanks a lot
10 > Luigi
11
12 You're welcome :)
13 The default policy is to drop the packets like an ugly baby :) (I'm kidding
14 here. I actually like babies). I haven't thought of changing the default
15 policy. So a packet goes through external.deny->external.allow->drop with
16 one stopping point.
17 All connections originating from localhost/LANip are allowed by default. I saw
18 no reason otherwise.
19
20 Adi.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list