From: stosss <stosss@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get a DVD to burn.
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:26:28
1 On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:12:30 -0500, Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>> Then again, when I put a CD/DVD in, it doesn't mount it
9 >>> automatically anymore.  I think that is a KDE4 thing.  I may not have
10 >>> turned something on.  I just haven't looked into it yet.
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> That's a settings thing, turned off by default
14 >>
15 >> System Settings>  Advanced>  Removable Devices
20 > I spoke to soon.  It worked once tho.  I can mount it manually tho.  Maybe I
21 > already mounted it manually and forgot?  I already had a DVD in there.  I'm
22 > getting to old.  lol
23 >
24 > Am I supposed to have anything in fstab for KDE4 and the DVD?  I don't have
25 > currently and didn't for KDE3 either.  I read somewhere that KDE4 did this
26 > differently tho.
27 >
28 > Dale
29 >
34 Something like this will allow a non-admin user to mount the CD/DVD
35
36 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user 0 0
41 If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
42 people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become
43 happy. - Thomas Jefferson