From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole, Gentoo and colors
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:52:00
1 Kevin O'Gorman schrieb:
2 > On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Saturday 29 March 2008, 17:30, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Does anyone have a suggestion?
8 >> You can remap the colors used by portage.
9 >> man color.map
10 >> --
11 >> gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
14 > I found that man page singularly unhelpful. It lists colors and defaults,
15 > but not a word about
16 > syntax, and no mention of other ways of specifying colors (the gentoo tips
17 > page suggests that
18 > ASCII sequences can be used there, but gives only cryptic information about
19 > how that might
20 > be done.
21 >
22 > ++ kevin
25 I have something like this in my color.map:
26
27 yellow=fuchsia #This maps yellow to fuchsia
28 WARN=fuchsia #Warnings are now in fuchsia instead of yellow
29 MERGE_LIST_PROGRESS=fuchsia #Dito
30
31 Instead of fuchsia you can use it's hex-value 0xFF55FF.
32 The colors and the hex equivalents are all defined in
33 /usr/lib/portage/pym/output.py where you can look them up!
34
35 For a good explaination of ANSI color codes and escape sequences you may
36 look here [1]!
37
38 [1] http://linuxfocus.org/English/May2004/article335.shtml
39