From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] codec for video embedded in presentation
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 23:00:07
1 On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 13:16:25 -0200
2 Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I don't think so. Most of them are very basic level users, and they
5 > just have to have the same software, and it's gotta be from M$ -
6 > nothing out of main stream.
7 >
8 > But what is your point?
9
10 Boot an OS with office that works and as long as you can boot it should
11 be a near certainty of working. PDF presentations may be another option
12 to investigate but I imagine you may hit problems.
13
14 I've found mpeg2 to be the most likely supported video format but still
15 not quite run everywhere. There isn't one. Hopefully webm will do one
16 day, it is the only decent one with compression that can.