From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger.hoffstaette@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Moving from no-multilib to (true) multilib
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:50:30
1 On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:20:23 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Given that the emul-linux-x86 package sets are now deprecated and we can now
4 > with USE="abi_x86_32" emerge our own 32bit libraries where needed, is it now
5 > easier to move from a no-multilib to a multilib environment, or will it still
6 > require a complete reinstall?
7
8 My understanding is that this has not changed, i.e. the move from prebuilt
9 emul-linux package to abi_x86_32 only applies to existing multilib systems.
10 Moving from "plain" aka non-multilib to multilib is still more or less
11 unsupported/impossible and requires a reinstall.
12
13 -h