From: RNuno <glist@×××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java vs. javascript - what's the difference?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:18:34
1 On 18-12-2005 17:46, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > There is a web site that my wife wanted to use. The web address is here:
4 >
5 > http://www.smithandnoble.com/sn/photoGalleryDetail.jsp?catID=-14150
6 >
7 > On this page, on the right, there are pictures that you are supposed
8 > to click to see a larger version to the left. This works on Windows
9 > and it works on the Mac, but it does not work on any of our Linux
10 > systems, using either blackdown java or sun java. I think that's a
11 > problem so I file a bug.
12
13 Well on windows it works on IE but not on Firefox.
14
15 > What's 'javascript' and how do I make this work?
16
17 Javascript is a client-side scripting language, it seams
18 that the code on that page dosent support Firefox/Mozilla
19
20 There is nothing that you can do about it, unless for instance
21 you want to run IE on linux with wine:
22
23 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=148168
24
25 regards,